Wednesday 29 February 2012

players versus the game


Okay, so this is a shout out to those who believe you cannot change the way things are. This may be true in some instances but I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to relationships, if you can't change the players, then why not simply change the game?


If you change the game, then automatically by default the players should change too. Say for example, you hit up the some "type of bars" or always play the "same rules" and you always end up with the same results. One friend of mine who I love to death always ends up with the same guy and the same situation - the are no good together and break up. After sitting back and listening to her discuss her ideal man/ideal relationship, I realised that the problem was not the guys she was getting or her (despite her contradictions to the matter) the issue was the WAY she was playing the game. So ladies (and possibly gents) lets shake things up a bit a change the game.


I met my AMAZING boyfriend (who when I asked him what I should blog about today - here it is honey - your reference) on a celebration of single-dom night after giving a fella that was messing with my head the good old heave-ho. APPARENTLY, just as he and his best friend where about to leave the bar that neither of us had actually intended on going to, my six Singapore Sling wandering eyes noticed him and decided to wander over. PLEASE NOTE: I HAD NEVER DONE THIS IN MY LIFE!!! Anyway, so I wandered over and apparently (my memory is a bit hazy) we started chatting and well the rest is history. Needless to say we have been head over heels (yes I know it is cliche) ever since. And I say it is because I changed the game. I gave the dodgy fella the good old heave-ho, found my true self again and once I started loving me and with a bit of assistance from the lovely Sir Singapore Slings, I CHANGED the game found LOVE!!! Well, that is my Carrie Bradshaw moment for hopefully the year/my life.


I try my very best to not dish out relationship advice but I am just frustrated with all the capital W.A.N.K.E.R.S out there. On both sides of the playing field. So anyway, rant is over. Night all :)


P.S Photo above is taken about an hour after we met. B/W filter kind of removes my drunken hazy look - you lucky peeps are the only ones to ever see this photo :)


xx

1 comment: